Missing travel? Not getting enough physical activities? Feeling Zoom fatigue?
Join us for a virtual walk around the island of Bali in Indonesia! Learn about local attractions and culture, escape the cold weather to join us on the beach. This is the best virtual event to help you achieve your fitness goal while satisfying your travel bug during this period of confinement. Most importantly, you’re contributing to charities while doing so!
How does it work?
Use different types of exercises to advance on the map and virtually visit Bali through Street View over several weeks. You can log your steps, runs, bike rides and other types of activities, including workouts. Advance at your own pace and set your own deadline to complete the 466 km route. Log information on the website or on the app (available on Google Play and Apple Store). More information will be provided once you signed up.
Virtually travel to Bali, Indonesia
You will also learn about the local culture and different attractions along the way when you reach certain milestones and you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the mission.
Sync with your favourite fitness apps
Automatically send distances to your mission from apps such as Runkeeper, Strava, Fitbit, and Map My Run/Ride/Walk/Fitness. Or manually enter them. It’s up to you!
Join us today
What will you get out of this virtual walk?
- Travel 466 km around Bali in 8 to 12 weeks (or longer if needed)
- Use exercise and physical activities of your choice to advance on the map of Bali, such as daily steps, walks, runs, bike rides, home workouts or even yoga!
- See yourself advance on the map of the Bali island as you log exercises
- See in 360 degrees where you are in Bali and visit virtually
- Learn about Bali culture and attractions through messages when you reach certain milestones on the map
- Earn a virtual finisher certificate when you complete the route
- Support the Rotary Foundation and projects of the Rotary Club of Toronto Skyline
Start Date: Monday, January 18th – April 18, 2021 (you still can join now!)
Cost: $20 CAD per person
Funds from this virtual walk will go toward the Rotary Foundation, a public charity that advances world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, support of education, and alleviation of poverty, and projects of the Rotary Club of Toronto Skyline.
We have created a Facebook group for everyone to share their mission photos and experiences. Request to join now
Have questions about the event? Read our FAQ.